City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
over 1 year ago
International Bank based in the City, are currently recruiting for a Portfolio Management Associate to join their expanding Project Finance Department. Main purpose of the position, is To take principal responsibility for the ongoing monitoring and management of a number of specific loans in the bank's Project Finance portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include;
- To carry out regular covenant compliance checks for a predetermined set of loan facilities in the portfolio, in accordance with the requirements stipulated in each loan agreement and any applicable additional internal rules.
- To maintain and update the relevant internal monitoring databases to reflect the results of the periodic covenant monitoring (including recording of financial information for borrowers and sponsors) and to carry out any other regular internal reporting that may be required.
- To act as the primary point of contact for external parties in relation to the ongoing management of each loan and to receive and review any requests from Borrowers for waivers or other changes to the facilities.
- To manage the internal process of reviewing, processing and responding to any waiver requests in relation to each loan, following consultation with Front Office (which remains responsible for the credit), Loan Administration and any other appropriate departments. This function may involve drafting memos for submission to senior management and/or Global Credit Supervision Department, under the control of the relevant account manager.
- To coordinate the bank's regular Asset Assessment process in relation to the specific loans in the Project Finance portfolio for which monitoring responsibility is allocated. This will include preparation of reporting paperwork for each transaction for approval by the relevant account manager.
- To collect and monitor all other available information that pertains to the credit risks applicable to the specific loans in the Project Finance portfolio for which monitoring responsibility is allocated and to report the relevant data periodically to the internal supervisory departments (e.g. Research Department and Global Credit Supervision Department).
- To assist Front Officers with gathering and checking information required for the bank's periodic "Know Your Customer" checks and in preparing the associated paperwork.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the Head of Department, the General Manager or other appropriate members of the senior management team.
To be considered this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Preferably ACIB/degree qualified with at least 2 years of "Middle Office", agency and security trustee experience in the Project Finance sector, gained within a recognised bank actively engaged in international Project Finance lending.
- Strong numeracy and familiarity with financial and credit analysis techniques.