West End, London
£100000 - £110000 per annum + Benefits & Pension
4 months ago
Our Client a Global Banking Group in Central London is recruiting a Private Banking Director to work within a Relationship Management capacity in a Private Banking Department. This role will report to the Head of Private Banking.
In summary the role as Private Banking Director will be responsible for:
- Acquisition of new client relationships and development of existing client relationships within the Private Banking sector with a specific focus on KSA
- Selling a range of private banking solutions to existing and new clients
- Achieving high levels of service standards and maximize client satisfaction
- Demonstrate awareness of budgets and accounts and profitability
- Compliance with FCA and anti-money laundering regulations
Breakdown of responsibilities include:
- Building investment knowledge and be conversant with the full range of private banking services:
- Initiating, developing and retaining client relationships while contributing actively to the business development and financial goals of the unit.
- Credit responsibilities such as reviewing excess reports, preparing Facility Applications, credit reviews, preparation of loan documentation and negotiation of credit terms
- Keeping abreast of investment and product offerings to be the client's window to the private banking services offered the Bank.
- Up-to-date compliance, KYC and client profile on each client.
- Assessing risk tolerance and investment suitability of each client and marketing appropriate products and services
- Deputising and supporting other team members by attending to clients' needs in their absence whilst adhering at all times to the regulatory competences requirements
- Having extensive investment knowledge and good knowledge of the UK property market and lending to develop the London branch real estate investment programme
- Having sufficient knowledge in trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services
- Client satisfaction and service quality levels by ensuring that the client's needs are met
- Remaining informed about market trends, customer preferences, and new products
- Contributing to all aspects of the marketing mix including products development
- Completing meeting reports and establishing a follow-up system
- Ensuring a high level of confidentiality is maintained at all times
The Successful Candidate must:
- Have worked in a client facing role within a private banking environment for at least 10 years with a minimum of five years in an investment advisory position
- Have the relevant FCA accreditation to undertake an advisory role which includes the Certificate in Securities and Financial Derivatives and the Investment Advisory Certificate
- Be fully RDR Compliant
- Be conversant with the full range of Private Banking services, including trusts, asset management, banking and advisory services
- Be culturally aware and possesses market intelligence of KSA markets required to develop business and to be well perceived in the market place. Able to structure a network through the market conducive to client acquisition