£45000 - £55000 per annum
15 days ago
KennedyPearce are hiring a Production Accountant for a TV/Film company based in London. This role will offer hybrid working in a fun company.
- Responsibility for the production finance management and budget reporting for all productions
- Review and reconciliation of monthly production cost reports, including preparation of variance reports and meeting with MD and Head of Production to discuss movements and key figures
- Provide commentary on cost reports to Financial Controller for monthly accounts
- Assist Production Managers/Executives with budgeting and cash flow forecasts, including foreign exchange management
- Forecasting of monthly production recoveries and uploading into Sage
- Process production petty cash orders and look after office petty cash tins - both GBP and foreign currency
- Monthly petty cash tin reconciliation and revaluing of foreign bank accounts in Sage
- Arrange monthly Production Meetings with Production Executives
- Responsible for setting up Cost Managers and additional checking of budgets when needed
- Training of new Production Managers on cost managers and finance processes
- Ensure all relevant management information is shared with the Financial Controller in a timely manner
- Maintaining (alongside Accounts Payable team) any urgent payments and weekly cashflow
- Preparation of the monthly payroll including all holiday pay, sick pay, and other statutory leave as applicable
- Liaising with Talent Manager and HR regarding new starters or contract amendments for monthly payroll
- Checking of supplier payment runs
- Reviewing of monthly freelancer payment runs, including checking invoices are compliant with HMRC regulations
- Responsible for managing month end deadlines with PM's - cost managers, PAYE, Personal Expenses, Freelancer invoice deadlines, petty cash returns and any other items
- Yearly submission of Freelancer reporting to HMRC
- Processing of paperwork to Barclays.net to open and close accounts, issues Bonds, payments to Sanctioned Countries and any other items
- Administrator for the company Pleo account and credit cards, responsible for the exporting of expenses, issuing new cards and closing accounts
- Planning and document preparation for the statutory audit
- Proactively ensuring that the company is up to date with accounting developments and compliant with accounting standards.
- Assist in the delivery of any ad-hoc projects as and when needed.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Appropriate accounting experience, with proven experience in the TV and film industry.