KennedyPearce is working with a consulting PE backed business hiring a Project Accountant on a 12-month FTC or permanently. This is a growing finance team and this role offers hybrid working with only 1-2 days in the office required. Great salary and great benefits.
This role will work in a small group function for a business going through huge changes and growth. The Group Technical Accountant is a critical role accountable for the financial reporting of the Group, with an initial focus on providing subject matter expertise support on multi-disciplinary finance projects.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Project manage the technical accounting/group reporting workstream for various projects including M&A, Process improvement
- Prepare technical accounting papers for management and the auditors on the transactions, that document issues in a clear, logical, and comprehensive manner including journal entries and financial statement disclosures.
- Preparation and presentation of accounting and financial reports to the audit committee Supporting the consolidation and external reporting requirements of the group, ensuring compliance with accounting standards, company law and walker guidelines.
- Liaise with the audit team and advisors on scope, deliverables, and timing.
- Manage and ensure compliance with internal review control for accounting transactions and perform the necessary procedures and documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures and systems for relevant accounting and reporting, ensuring accurate MI.
- Lead and perform key technical accounting research including keeping up to date with legislation and regulation. Prepare technical accounting guidance, and lead implementation programme for these changes.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls
Project Accountant Requirments:
- Big 4 Qualified candidate with strong Technical Accounting and Accounting Advisory experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of practical application of accounting standards
- Excellent communication skills written reports and presentations are essential. You will be working with Senior Leadership Teams, Boards, and external stakeholders, explaining results and options for decision-making with clarity and focus.
This is a great role for someone looking to for a role with a large, complex, global business that will offer challenges and interesting projects.