City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
26 days ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Project Finance Officer to join their expanding London operations. The incumbent will assist with the successful origination, execution and ongoing management of project finance transactions (for the time being covering all of the natural resources, power / utilities and infrastructure / transportation sub-sectors), supporting the team as it develops and expands its business in the Europe / Middle-East / African (EMEA) market.
Main responsibilities of the Project Finance Officer will include;
- To contribute to the team by identifying and evaluating potential deal opportunities and assisting with the subsequent origination process (establishing dialogue with the client and / or arranger of the transaction, pitching and securing the mandate, as appropriate).
- To review and analyse the key terms and conditions of deals and the associated credit risks and mitigants. Based on such understanding to prepare internal requests for credit approval.
- To play effective role in all aspects of the deal execution process, including reviewing and commenting on documentation, analysing financial aspects (including creation and/or manipulation of cashflow models, as appropriate), checking the correct incorporation of deal security and other credit mitigants, etc.
- To take responsibility for the ongoing credit risk and compliance monitoring of an agreed set of deals with in the portfolio, including annual reviews and responsibility for any material waivers, "close monitoring" of problem scenarios etc, as appropriate.
- To assist with periodic reviews of the team's strategy with respect to the project finance market's sub-sectors, specific clients, terms of financing products, etc.
- To make a strong contribution to team's efforts to broaden and strengthen its range of personal relationships with target clients across the industry.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the General Manager / Deputy General Manager.
To be considered for this opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Good educational background, preferably ACIB/Degree qualified
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience as part of a dynamic front-office project finance team with regular interaction with corporate clients
- Proven credit analysis skills
- Strong numeracy and familiarity with cash flow-based financial analysis, including computer modelling.