West End, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum
25 days ago
Our client, a leading real estate development, investment and capital management company are looking for an Accountant to join their London team. Successful candidates will be AAT/ACCA/CIMA qualified with at least 2-5 years within the property sector.
- Maintaining an accurate record of financial transactions;
- Updating and maintaining the general ledger;
- Recording of debits and credits;
- Maintaining the trial balance by a reconciliation of general ledgers i.e. balance sheet reconciliations to asset accuracy of transactions;
- Monitoring any variances from the projected budget;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and ensuring timely submission;
- Preparation of payment request form;
- Performing monthly intercompany confirmation with other related group companies;
- Ensuring timely month-end closing, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations; management reporting, including the review of accounts prepared by property managers/operators/outsourced agents;
- Working closely with the property managers to ensure all transactions are recorded accurately and on timely basis;
Experience and Qualifications:
- AAT or newly qualified ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) Accountant.
- At least 2 to 5 years' pertinent accounting experience (gained in the real estate/property sector)
- Good level of proficiency in MS Excel.
- Real Estate industry experience/exposure.
- Experience working with large excel financial models.
- Experience in (or exposure to) SAP software and processes is advantageous.
- Familiarity with IFRS standards.
- Good knowledge of local accounting standards.
- Performing credit reviews for potential tenants and suppliers.
- Data entry skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to review financial information and summarise issues concisely.