£240 - £350 per day
about 1 month ago
6 month contract for immediate- 2 week notice candidates- We are looking for 2-4 Management/Financial Accountants with Property/ Real Estate experience. This candidate will be responsible for the day to day accounting operations and compliance of a large portfolio of real estate entities and investments (property and holding companies) in Europe.
The role requires the successful candidate to be proactive, highly organized and stress resistant as this position will be managing high volume and as part of your role, not only you will have to interact with your accounting teammates but also with other departments (legal and compliance, accounts payable, treasury, reporting thus requiring good coordination skills.
- Ensure accuracy of all property manager bookings including reconciliation of rental income to rent rolls, review of all service charge costs and income and accurate allocation of non-recoverable property costs.
- Take care of day-to-day accounting for PropCos and HoldCos including, bank reconciliations, invoice review, monthly accruals, depreciation, etc.
- Take care of all supporting schedules: loan and interest calculations, depreciation and amortization schedules, etc.
- Assist in preparation of periodic VAT returns.
- Ensure accurate recording of all local, IFRS and Group GAAP adjustments.
- Respect periodic closing process timelines.
- Assist with consolidations and sub-consolidations.
- Provide intercompany reconciliations and regular intercompany settlements where applicable.
- Contribute to the (interim) audit process, ensuring completion on a timely basis.
- Liaise with Treasury team to help ensuring adequate and consistent funding within the different structures
- Liaise with property managers and review numbers, information provided on a regular basis
- University degree in Accounting/Finance (ACCA desired but not crucial)
- Min 4 years (Accountant level) of work experience in a similar field
- 2 years of real estate exposure needed