£60000 - £70000 per annum
over 1 year ago
SME business with a focus on being the best in their field rather than the biggest. They have a strong company ethos where people are collaborative and work well together. The company has longevity of staff and offers a varied skill set in it's different departments.
This is a broad Regulatory Accounting opportunity for a Financial Services business. The role offers full responsibility for the Regulatory Accounting as well as Financial Accounting and ad-hoc projects. Learning and development is encouraged and the business would like someone who uses initiative and is a hands on team player.
As well as business as usual you will play a key role in finance projects. Duties include:
- Full responsibility of the Regulatory Accounting including COREP
- Preparation and submission of all periodic FCA regulatory returns
- Instrumental in the collation, production and review of the ICAAP document and subsequent Pillar 3 Disclosure.
- Keep abreast of FCA regulatory updates
- Collation, review and production of the FCA Wind Down Plan
- Contribute to the review of the risk profile within the Finance function
Other responsibilities outside of regulatory accounting:
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements
- Preparation for the year-end financial audit and assisting auditors with their queries.
- Lead on new accounting standards
- Reviewing and liaising with our external tax advisers for all partnership tax matters
- Control the level of expenditure by reviewing and challenging business expenditure proposals and policies.
The role also includes supporting the team on ad-hoc reporting issues, regulatory initiatives and accounting developments.
Qualified Accountant or QBE with Regulatory Accounting experience including COREP. The role will include financial accounting so experience of the year end audit process incorporating financial statement production is also very helpful.