West End, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Prestigious International Bank are looking to recruit a Relationship Officer to join their expanding Wholesale Banking Department. The jobholder will be responsible for assisting Senior Manager - Residential Real Estate in overall activities and manage housekeeping issues across the portfolio of RRE clients. The jobholder's portfolio will also include some corporate customers. This will result in him/ her establishing a comprehensive relationship with the clients by focussing on deposits and lending.
Main responsibilities of the Relationship Officer will include;
- Assure portfolio quality and compliance of policies and guidelines.
- Manage smooth workflow and resolve any problems with other departments.
- Role holder will prepare quality credit applications with adequate assessment of credit worthiness and risk implications and arranges timely approvals.
- Role holder will assume on-going responsibility for control and quality of portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to risk management guidelines and policies.
- Monitor and control EOL/ TOD & housekeeping issues including but not limited to insurance, valuation etc. and their resolution/ arrangement as per committed timelines.
- Responsible for pro-actively contacting customers and implementing a customer contact and engagement strategy.
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints and requests,
- Manage small, regular and low maintenance relationships independently
- Provide support to Senior Manager RRE in managing large relationships
- Assist in establishing and maintaining an effective compliance culture within the Bank for combating money laundering, terrorist financing and other forms of financial crime.
- Ensure that he/she is fully complied with all anti-money laundering and countering terrorist financing procedures and to promptly report to the MLRO where knowledge or reasonable suspicion of any criminal conduct is obtained.
- Ensure that he/she is trained and comply with the Bank's Policy and Procedures regarding Money Laundering detection and reporting, and that any weaknesses identified in AML Procedures and Compliance are promptly addressed.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- 3-4 years' experience in a financial institution preferably in handling business and CRE accounts with credit analysis and have products knowledge.
- Result oriented
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of UK