City of London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum
18 days ago
Our client, a Global Real Estate Invesment Manager are looking for a revenue accountant. You will work closely with the Revenue Accountant who is responsible for maintaining complete and accurate accounting records for all revenue across the Group's portfolio. They will also be expected to drive projects within the Group Finance team. The role requires you to uphold a robust control environment and deal with audit queries as necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in a detailed revenue review on a monthly basis, ensuring all accruals are accurate and liaise with the Billing Assistant to ensure aged accruals are invoiced;
- Be involved in projects from a Group Finance perspective for new product launches and the validation of new fee structures;
- Work alongside the Revenue Accountant to manage the calculation and payment process of management fee rebates to qualifying investors, including liaising with Fund, Investor Relations and Product teams;
- Develop procedures and policies that support the accurate and efficient production of financial results;
- Be involved in process improvements across the Group Finance team;
- Drive certain projects within the Group Finance team, this includes updating and reviewing SOP's, Integration of acquired entities into the Group; Fund receivables project developing a system to ensure valid costs are recharged to funds and performing regular reviews on travel expenses ensuring they follow the Travel policy;
- Ensure accuracy of data within the general ledger;
- Ensure financial control is applied for all assigned entities;
- Maintain complete and accurate balance sheet reconciliations for all assigned legal entities.
- Support the month end close and provide detailed analysis on variances on revenue items, working to tight deadlines built into the monthly work cycle;
- Manage and produce cost centre reports for the revenue generating departments, ensuring they are monitoring controllable costs.
- Manage the year-end audit process for the assigned legal entities;
- Assist with revenue queries during the audit process;
- Deliver audit packs to agreed timescales;
- Ensure all periodic tax filings are prepared and filed in line with required timelines, including liaising with external tax advisors;
- Ensure all year-end statutory accounts are filed within the required deadlines.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with at least 3 years practical experience;
- Practical experience gained within asset management preferred but not essential;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills;
- Familiarity with CODA Financials would be advantageous;
- Real Estate experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
- Good managerial skills;
- Ability to working to tight timelines and in high pressured environments;
- Ability to work independently as well as a team;