City of London, London
£90000 - £100000 per annum
21 days ago
Our client, a global Insurance company based in the City of London are looking to recruit a Risk & Compliance Manager, to help drive forward some of their most challenging and interesting data projects.
This is a multi-faceted role, and will suit someone at mid-level, who has a clear interest in data analytics activities and in helping to identify and establish effective but proportionate risk and compliance controls, in a dynamic and data-driven business.
The job holder will report to the Chief Operating Officer, will hold responsibility for managing the scope, design, implementation and rollout of a multi-faceted risk and compliance framework fit for our client. The framework will set the bar for required levels of tech and regulatory compliance, in order to maintain silent running, mitigate risk and improve operational efficiency.
The role will work alongside various functions such as: Data Assurance, Software Engineering, Project Delivery teams and Group Risk and Compliance teams.
What you'll bring:
- A passion for risk management
- The ability to influence others
- A deep understanding of the importance of good risk management in enabling business success
- Clear perception of how to balance risk aversion with business advantage
- Experience of creating and implementing a proportionate yet robust risk and compliance framework (e.g. COSO, PRINCE2)
- Technical risk management expertise with the ability to translate into business language (e.g. well versed in how to effectively document risks using e.g. PRINCE2 methods)
- Experience in a risk function within an Insurance or Financial Services environment
- Knowledge of GDPR and data privacy in a global context (e.g. country-country data transmission considerations)
- Experience of designing and implementing compliance checklists/rules and KPIs
- Proficient in risk management tooling (e.g. Xactium etc.)