City of London, London
£85000 - £95000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank based in the City are looking to recruit a Senior Trader to join their expanding Global Securities Finance Department. As part of the Global Securities Finance team your core role will be TRS price making, in line with approved parameters to Sales, Counterparties and Internal Departments. You'll also be responsible for identifying and cultivating cross sell opportunities in all GM products / programmes, support and develop the growth of the TRS product within Global Markets working closely with Sales, RM's and global counterparties.
As a Securities Finance (Repo) Trader, you'll also be responsible for;
- Diversify client base within the FI and NBFI space (inclusive of Islamic) providing a bespoke service to a cross section of clients ranging from CB's SWF's , Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, FI's and Wholesale Corporates in execution across GSF products and funding programmes (conventional and Islamic) in relation to the TRS product.
- Be responsible for providing a high quality service and efficient execution across TRS/Repo products, distribute our client's capabilities and show awareness in developing new products / strategies that have the potential to increase revenue and keep the bank at the forefront of changes in the Regulatory landscape.
- Act in a Business Development and Relationship Management Capacity (where necessary), being the "eyes and ears" for GM , identifying any cross selling opportunities within the ALM Product team space. Working closely with RMs and GMS across the GM franchise globally.
- Assist by covering full spectrum of products and clients on GSF desk in periods of absence.
- Manage maturities, manage the client's needs, manage bank's needs.
- Be able to interpret and deliver any product related information when requested, including presentations that show a transparent view of our client's position and provide appropriate advice to Regional and Head Office management when required
- Increase business, support expansion of GSF platform globally via Product expertise
- Cover all aspects of Repo Trading/Execution
- Solid understanding of all aspects of liquidity management both collateralised and non in relation to FAB model
- Able to cover for the business Head and other colleagues across all aspects of the business seamlessly and competently
- Deliver an efficient service to internal clients to ensure minimal fails and best pricing for the Bank and discuss/share product expertise with client facing colleagues
- Competently price GC and Specials in all relevant asset classes/currencies in line with the Repo model
- Given the Global nature of the business it is imperative to work in a transparent manner with full collaboration between (global) based colleagues and departments
- Work in line with the standard of professionalism expected and encourage those around to do so
- Ensure smooth hand over/coverage of business between the time zones throughout the day and ensuring clear communications and updates to the business Head
- To increase business , support sales and develop the flow and utilize the APL to add value in day to day liquidity management & collateral trading, bringing trading/hedge ideas closer together
- Support all training efforts in particular with the Emiratisation program
- Work in line with Risk & Compliance framework to ensure best practice and adherence to Group policies and procedures when required
- Ensure that any new initiative satisfy the strategic goals of our client globally, meet client requirements and strive to put our client at the forefront of innovations within its chosen markets.
- Show strength in strategic thinking to create value added and revenue generating ideas and develop existing arbitrage tools.
- Be motivated to succeed and drive business through all channels.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Sales/Trading within a Treasury or other Front Office environment at a leading international institution
- Understanding of client coverage in GM/GSF and wider GM product suite
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape alongside Compliance and experience of Operational and Market Risks and monitoring thereof.