£50000 - £55000 per annum
10 days ago
Rapidly growing Firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their expanding team. The Practice focuses on providing expert tax, accounting, and business advisory services to a diverse and ever-growing portfolio of clients.
The Senior Accountant will be collaborating with clients that range from big corporates, renewable energy innovators, investors in the film and media sector to small owned managed businesses. The business is seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Manager for this new role. To continue to progress towards becoming a top 50 firm.
The Senior Accountant would be highly motivated, have a strong understanding of business financials and a broad knowledge of accounting and finance issues.
Duties of the Senior Accountant include:
- Leading and developing a team, including managing performance, setting goals and ongoing training
- Review and manage statutory accounts and corporation tax returns prepared by the team
- Provide business advice to clients
- Preparing more complexed statutory accounts using UK GAAP for Limited companies, Sole traders, Partnerships and LLP's. Ensuring all relevant disclosures are included and correct, including consolidations
- Preparing Tax computations for both limited companies and on occasions individuals to provide advice to clients on remuneration plans
- Scope to get involved in ad hoc tasks and projects within the business
Requirements for the Senior Accountant include:
- ACA or ACCA Qualified, ideally 2-5 years post qualified
- Experience working within an accounting practice environment
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of relevant accounting and reporting standards
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Able to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of cloud apps. Xero, Sage, and QuickBooks