Our Client is currently recruiting a Senior Accountant - fluent French speaking based within their EMEA function in Hemel Hempstead. This is a hybrid role, the Senior Accountant will assist with the preparation of French monthly management accountants and ensuring the integrity of the German sets of books.
Duties of the Senior Accountant include:
To assist the Director of EMEA with the preparation and analysis of monthly accounts for German companies to Trial Balance.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of journals together with journal backup for approval
- Maintenance of fixed assets register
- Provision of supplementary schedules as required for monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Adherence to policies & procedures.
- Ad hoc Operational & Finance requests
- Preparation & submission of internal & external audit tasks
- Preparation & submission of statutory/statistical reporting requirements
Requirements for the Senior Accountant include:
Completed or studying towards a degree or other relevant qualification in Finance (such as ACCA, CIMA etc.)
- Accounting experience to Trial Balance, with a minimum 1-2 years' experience at a similar level
- Fluent French speaker
- Hands on ERP experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of submitting VAT returns in France
- Experience working with Oracle
- Experience working with Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Experience working with internal/external auditors
- Experience working for a US parent company in a multinational environment