£43000 - £48000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Senior Accounts Payable Manager required to join a leading property firm in South West London.
The successful candidate will have solid experience within property/construction and have already managed a team before.
The candidate will be responsible to lead a divisional team of 8, comprising of 2 Accounts Payable Managers and their respective teams.
They will ensure timely payments of invoices through the Purchase Ledger and Subcontractor functions along with ensuring that a professional service is provided to the business and external parties such as suppliers and subcontractors.
- Ensure the workflow of all documentation through the purchase ledger / subcontractor ledger is carried out in line with company procedures.
- To provide a secondary point of contact with all creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses
- Ensure correct coding of invoices
- Liaising with suppliers and staff
- Review of BACS payment runs & bank transfers
- Ensure correct treatment of Vat & CIS tax
- Take responsibility of cyclical supplier statement reconciliations and/or assisting with any discrepancies
- Review of Supplier Audit report and standing data amendments
- Ensure the department is covered for holidays or sickness of staff
- Responsible for Aged Creditor Report & key site metrics/KPIs
- Investigate older balances/update queries
- Responsible for training all relevant staff on purchase order process & subcontractor payment process
- Ownership of Accounts Payable processes & forms/templates to be consistent across the entire team & kept up to date
- Responsible for prompt resolution of any legal letters/court summons received from suppliers
- Support Finance Controller and Finance Director as required
- Previous managerial experience within an accounts payable function - essential
- Property/construction sector experience - essential
- Industry relevant knowledge of VAT and CIS
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Confidant personality with strong communication skills
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers and colleagues by adopting the most appropriate approach to deal with people and situations
- Is accurate, pays attention to detail and ensures tasks are completed on time
- Takes appropriate action before being asked and actively finds solutions to problems
- Displays good judgement ability
- Motivated to initiate and persist toward a chosen objective or to grow within role/career