West End, London
£45000 - £55000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Our client, a leading real estate development, investment and capital management company are looking to recruit an additional Senior Analyst / Assistant Asset Manager to join their expanding Asset Management Department. The role is to support the Asset Manager on property and finance based functions, including reporting requirements. You will be responsible for the preparation of financial modelling, investment appraisal and tracking of both historical and forecast performance of assets to support senior management in making strategic decisions. You will conduct appropriate scenario analysis and stress testing to ensure the asset / portfolio risks are fully understood. You will take ownership of all reporting related matters with respect to a national portfolio of assets.
To succeed in this role, you should be a good team player, possess a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, hands-on and resourceful. You should also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. You should have good knowledge of UK (and preferably also European) real estate markets. Desirable, but not essential, you should possess a Degree in Real Estate, Finance or its equivalent with at least 3-5 years' relevant experience in advanced financial modelling / analysis.
Principal Accountabilities will include;
- Preparing, or assisting asset managers in the preparation of, monthly and quarterly property and finance reports for submission to board members and senior management
- Preparing, or assisting asset managers in the preparation of, approval papers to incur expenditure, appoint external parties and document lease transactions
- Assist AM in all leasing related transactions including but not limited to attendance and recording of tenant meetings, negotiation of lease terms, appointment and liaison with legal teams to lease completion
- Liaising with finance and property management teams to ensure all billings are invoiced correctly, fully collected and appropriately accounted for
- Liaising with asset managers, property managers and finance to ensure that all invoices received are processed correctly and paid in a timely matter
- Monthly non-financial information submitted to internal teams incorporating occupancy reports, lease expiry profiles, sector breakdown analysis and tenant uploads combined with explanations on differences and movements on a month by month basis
- Providing variance analysis to the corporate accounting teams within tight deadlines, while being able to explain any nuances of UK real estate market to all parties.
- Providing ad hoc budget information to asset managers including update of monthly tenancy changes
- Constant level of interaction with the external parties including property managers and administrators
- Working with the assets managers on the budgeting and forecasting for all UK assets (budgeting on an annual basis and bi-annual reforecasting)
- Preparing presentations to the board and senior management teams on budget tracking, forecasts, variances and ad hoc queries relating to these