City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
8 months ago
City based International Insurance company, are looking to recruit a Senior Data Protection Manager to join their expanding business.
The Senior Data Protection Manager will be responsible for;
- Providing timely and considered advice and guidance on a range of data protection matters relating to the core UK businesses, this will include, but will not be limited to - Marketing, DPIA's, Subject Rights, Privacy Notices, Data Security.
- Helping to ensure compliance with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other Data Protection Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
- Helping establish processes to monitoring compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, such as the UK Data Protection Act 2018, data protection policies, including internal data protection activities, raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- Providing advice on the conduct of and supervising data protection impact assessments (DPIAs);
- Helping develop KRI reporting processes;
- Cooperating with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) or relevant supervisory authority;
- Taking a risk-based approach to data protection
- Having regard to the risk associated with processing operations and taking account of the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing
- Prioritising focus on the more risky activities, e.g. where special category (sensitive) personal data is processed, or where the potential impact on individuals could be damaging;
- Being the lead contact for ll BAU data protection queries from the UK businesses with regard to potential complaints and breaches, ensuring that data subject rights requests accurately handled.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role;
- Ability to provide risk-based advice.
- Experience in achieving stated objectives involving a diverse set of business partners and leading multifaceted projects.
- Negotiation skills to work effectively with key internal and external partners.
- Client relationship skills to continuously coordinate with controllers and processors while maintaining independence.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate well with a wide-ranging audience, from the Board of Directors to data subjects, from managers to IT staff and lawyers.
- Self-starter with ability to gain required knowledge in wide-ranging environments.
To be considered for the Senior Data Protection Managers position, you must have the following Knowledge and Experience;
- Experienced within a Data Protection compliance field, to include building, implementing and managing data protection programmes within a sophisticated and enterprise-wide organisation.
- Experience with supporting marketing initiatives and the PECR regulations.
- Experience in handling data subject rights requests.
- Detailed knowledge of UK and European data protection law, and an in-depth knowledge of the GDPR.
- An understanding of technical and operational measures that should be in place to ensure the security of personal data and familiarity with information technologies and data security.
- Experience in compliance monitoring and risk management.
- Financial Services experience preferred.