City of London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 month ago
KennedyPearce are hiring a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst for a global consulting firm based in London. This role will report into the Director of Commercial Finance and sits within a commercial team. This company offers plenty of progression, hybrid working and excellent perks.
The ideal candidate will have a technical accounting background gained from a top 10 accountancy practice.
The role will be aronnd 60% commercial and 40% financial control:
- Support commercial activity (such as revisions to reseller/referral agreements) with scenario modelling and profitability analysis to make informed recommendations to the Product Owners.
- Support the monthly forecasting cycle, working with budget holders to provide short and longer term accurate forecasts underpinned by robust data and trend analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly reporting package for FD review. Assist with weekly and monthly reporting and become a point of contact for questions from managers on analysis and questions.
- Provide monthly walks (variance analysis), flash, revenue analysis and margin analysis as well as monthly sales to target reporting
Financial Control & Operations
- Manage the recurring monthly accounting tasks to accurately record revenue & costs and ensure timely close month end - including posting accruals and prepayments
- Review centrally posted numbers such as payroll, 3rd party costs and perform reconciliation work to ensure in-line with expectations / correct as appropriate
- Manage all inter-company and external invoicing to ensure that revenue and costs sit in the correct legal entities, departments and teams.
- Manage and track all referral and reseller agreements to ensure that amounts are collected/paid in a timely manner
- Own the annual budgeting process, ensuring targets are built with full granularity and buy-in from the Product Owners.
- Assist in the production of consolidated group accounts where partnership income is relevant
- Assist in the tracking and reporting on investments including calculations affecting Partners
- Review Trial Balance and address any issues with Accounting team.
- Own the data integrity for the business-critical tools and systems, including partnering with IT, Accounting, and Operations Support to implement system enhancements and ensure accuracy of data
- Work with Group Financial Control to ensure technical matters, such as accounting treatment, are accurately recorded in the monthly financial results.
The ideal candidate will be able to start within one month and will be fully qualified ACA/ ACCA