West End, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum
3 months ago
Senior Financial Accountant
The Senior Financial Accountant at this International Hospitality business will implement, maintain and document effective group internal controls and processes. Identify and resolve accounting system issues and identifies process improvements. Develop new accounting systems and tools.
Our client is a global leader in Hospitality with over 2000 employees worldwide. They are market leaders in their field and as such constantly look to employ the best and brightest minds to development across many different areas.
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for:-
- Implementing, maintaining and documenting effective internal controls and processes to verify system integrity and compliance. Identify and resolve accounting system issues. Provide support to internal/external auditors regarding implementation and problem resolution. Develop and help to deploy new accounting systems and tools.
- Analyse and interpret company directives, policies and regulatory requirements to guide, direct and recommend overall accounting policies and practices. Meet with management, other organisations, customers and auditors to provide advice regarding accounting policy and classification practices. Establish, monitor, maintain and review internal control systems and documentation for compliance.
- Prepare standard and ad hoc internal and external financial reports based on accounting information and data to provide the financial tools necessary for management decisions.
- Research, analyse, interpret, prepare and reconcile financial information and verify the integrity of the data to support the preparation of financial statements. Identify process improvements.
- Analyse relevant contract terms, conditions and accounting source documents for validation and identify issues.
The successful Senior Financial Accountant will ideally come from a Mid Tier or Big 4 accountancy firm and will also have some industry experience, post qualification.
You will be very detailed in your approach and will have dealt with large financial accounts and consolidations before.