West End, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
4 months ago
Prestigious international bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Senior Investment Advisor to join their Real Estate & Investments department. The Real Estate and Investment team provides both investment and real estate solutions to Private Banking clients. The Investment Team works alongside the Private Banking business and offers a wealth management service, aiming to assist High Net Worth clients by defining their strategic goals and offering specialised and tailored solutions to professionally manage, grow and diversify the future of family and intergenerational wealth.
The offering is a full-service investment management capability; discretionary, non-discretionary, advisory, execution-only, offshore trust and fiduciary services delivered in full compliance with the FCA regulations. The Real Estate Team provides a variety of bespoke and discrete real estate investment services tailored to individual clients requiring residential or commercial investments predominantly in the UK. These services include the sourcing of suitable properties through an extensive network of agents, owners, introducers and developers on both an on and off-market basis.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Increase investment business and client retention through competent delivery of investment Advice
- Provide specialist investment advice directly to clients.
- Investment advice covers strategic and tactical asset allocation advice as well as advice on thematic investment trends and markets.
- In addition, the IA is expected to be an expert on products, offering selection advice on a variety of security types such as single securities (such as Equity, Fixed Income, Money Markets, FX/commodities), regulated pooled investments (such as Open Ended Funds, ETFs, REITs and Structured Products) and non-mainstream unregulated pooled investments, adhering to the regulatory framework pursuant to each type of security.
- In addition, the jobholder is expected to advise clients on suitable investment services, paying due regard to the client's knowledge and experience and investment objectives. Services include Execution, Advisory, and Discretionary.
- Monitor the service delivery process, adding feedback and recommendations to enhancing the business model to better and more effectively serve client's needs.
- Execute efficient portfolio implementation and trade order handling.
- Prepare portfolio implementation schedule for advisory business, ensuring clients are receiving efficient portfolio handling
- Manage advisory portfolio mandates in line with bank policies and processes and overseeing portfolio implementation schedules for advisory business, ensuring clients are receiving efficient portfolio handling.
- Facilitate swift execution of client orders of Advisory and Execution portfolio, in a competent manner, adhering to Best Execution principles and internal order handling best practice, minimizing operational risk and operation losses regarding trading.
- Lead client risk profiling activities by preparing CIPs and drafting IPS documents forming the central record keeping and documentation of clients.
- Develop and make improvements to established business practices, such as suggesting new methods of risk profiling and client reporting, or other aspects of service delivery.
- Monitors accounts, verifies that Advisory and Discretionary trades are properly executed and reflected in Advent.
- Prepare Quarterly reviews of client portfolios, analysing positions, asset allocation, suitability and proposing investment switches or new ideas where necessary. IAs are expected to create templates working with compliance department and review modelling, using financial software.
- To establish the minimum standards for client reviews in line with regulatory standards and market best practices gleaned from extensive experience in the wealth management sector.
- Add hoc portfolio analytics is required from time to time depending on the complexity of the portfolio solution.
- Acting as a second direct contact for investment clients, the IA ensures that client contact occurs more often and according to a regular schedule. Sophisticated clients require an interaction at a higher level, with cross-asset class knowledge able to discuss multi-faceted investment requirements.
- IA are expected to travel to meet clients in person, leading meeting and completing all actions points post meetings.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you must have the following experience, qualifications and skills;
- BA/MA in finance-related field
- RDR Level 4 qualification
- Professional qualification CFA Charter holder
- Minimum 7-10 years financial industry experience
- Minimum 5-7 years Wealth Management experience with investment bias
- Professional or personal experience with middle east region
- Products and Services - Possesses in-depth knowledge of the products and services, associated charges / fees, legal provisions, and their delivery process. Able to act as a source of guidance for interpreting or clarifying the features and pricing structure. Able to make suggestion for improving the products / services.
- Market and Industry - Possesses in-depth knowledge of the various dimensions of the market / industry. Extensive experience in investment and products with a sound knowledge of equity and bond market, unit trusts and other personal investment services. Able to apply this understanding in business analysis and planning.
- Specialist Expertise and Investment Theory - Possesses specialist knowledge and skills required for providing solutions in a variety of situations at a tactical or operational level. Has a solid understanding of the bedrock financial theory
- Understand procedures for Securities Dealing & Forex trades, via Treasury dealers