City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
AF - SMA - 970264_1575456949
7 months ago
My client who are a international originator are seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to join its Head Office in London.
The role will provide a great opportunity to play a major part in the Group's growth including setting up procedures and processes and management reports of rapidly growing business unit.
This is a senior role within the Group Finance team which is responsible for all the accounting and statutory financial reporting, including direct responsibility for the statutory consolidation and reporting of the group. You will manage a small team
The role will play a key part in ensuring effective accounting across UK entities and full and efficient compliance with all statutory financial reporting requirements.
You will have excellent technical knowledge with a hands-on approach and the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders across the business. This is an exciting opportunity to keep developing your career as the business expands.
This is an ideal role for a Big 4 first/second mover who wants to develop their career and grow with the business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Month end ownership of a key business units
- Preparation of monthly financial reporting for management
- Management of a team of five (including two direct reports) and oversight management of regional finance teams responsible for the accounting and statutory financial reporting of UK entities (2 entities under IFRS, others under UK GAAP/FRS102).
- Creation and delivery of variance analysis
- Reviewing monthly Group Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Process improvement initiatives around optimising efficiencies and minimising risk
- Preparation of financial statements
- Providing technical accounting advice and support
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Assisting the Financial controller with adhoc projects as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- ACA qualified ideally 3 years post-qualified experience
- Big 4 / Mid-Tier experience, ideally with a large complex corporate audit experience
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders internally and externally
- High attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
To take advantage of this opportunity, please click on the link below and send us your CV