City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
8 months ago
My Client, a foreign exchange specialist, based in the City of London are looking for Senior Management Accountant. Successful candidates will have proven experience working in a FX or Financial Services and speak french! This fast-paced team are looking for a positive, reliable and well organised individual.
Senior Management Accountant
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Financial Reporting and Control
- Review and consolidate the management accounts from across the region to prepare one final management account for the group
- Ensure the management accounts of each region are compliant under international regulations and is converted to and compliant under UK regulations.
- Review and agree inter-company reconciliations
- Lead the month end meeting to resolve any issues and agree how to close all regions.
- Supervise month end close for all countries/regions within the group
- Act as the main contact for the completion of the interim and year end internal audit process.
- Act as the main contact for external auditors, coordinate preparation of audit requirements and provide answers to any queries.
- Calculation of goodwill
- Ensure the P&Ls reviews are completed on a monthly basis and that all the accruals and provisions are correct.
- Carry out quarterly balance sheets reviews and control procedure checks.
- Prepare management accounts information and monthly reports for head office, resolving any queries that arise.
- Review and consolidate year end statutory accounts across the region to create a final year end statutory account for the group.
- Submit finalised year end account
- Prepare the board meeting commentary as and when required
- Prepare tax calculation for all entities in the group
- Support the tax strategy of the group and preparation of tax reporting.
- Strategic Planning and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Manage and support the delivery of a detailed overall year-end plan according to group requirements, with clear accountabilities and timelines.
- Maintain controls to minimise risks
- Prepare variance analysis of financial reports as requested
- Support the CFO with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
Responsible for 4 direct reports, managerial responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all direct and indirect reports & department activity;
- Ensuring a culture of respect to all colleagues;
- Ensuring all direct/indirect reports comply with FCA principles for business and conduct rules;
- Ensure that all direct/indirect reports are set appropriate objectives at the start of each year, start of employment;
- Conduct mid-year/end-year appraisals for direct reports, completing these to the required level within the stipulated timeframes;
- Ensure all direct/indirect reports achieve set objectives and review/take action where objectives are not achieved (as appropriate);
- Ensuring all direct/indirect reports attend/complete all mandatory training by set deadlines;
- Ensure all direct/indirect reports complete the necessary annual recertification checks in accordance with the requested timescales;
Educational Qualifications and Requirements:
- Educated to Degree-level or able to demonstrate equivalent relevant experience;
- Fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Previous experience of working within in a regulated investment firm;
- Strong demonstrable experience of working within a similar role within a commercial environment;
- Extensive knowledge of FRS102, IFRS;
- Experience in tax calculation, corporate tax and VAT.
- Strong accounting, finance and book-keeping background;
- Strong knowledge of UK financial Regulations etc.;
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations, compliance and risk management within other countries/regions within the group;
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment in which an FX firm operates;
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the purpose of risk management and compliance within a regulated environment;
- Experience working with assigned country/region;
- Awareness of regulatory, compliance and risk management within other countries/regions an advantage;