City of London, London
Up to £60000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Senior Officer - Structured Products
Salary - £60,000
International Bank based in the heart of the City, are looking to recruit a Senior Officer to join their expanding Global Investment Promotion department. This is a brand new headcount, so a fantastic opportunity for somebody to make the position their own. Main purpose of the role, will be to build and manage the structured product portfolio in the branch to maximise the revenue in coordination with the other members of the department while maintaining the credit quality and investment standard. This includes risk analysis/monitoring, documentation and negotiation with the counterparty. You'll also work with and help senior management of the branch to establish efficient credit portfolio management.
Main responsibilities will include;
- To identify opportunities, analyse the risk and carry out other necessary processes to execute investments in structured products.
- To monitor and manage the risk of each investment as well as portfolio on an ongoing basis and produce periodic review reports.
- To take necessary measures to protect the value of the investments when difficulties arise.
- To identify and develop new investment strategies and market relationships both interbank and outside the banking sector.
- To develop and maintain business contacts with market counterparties to facilitate the Bank's investment business.
- To carry out appropriate credit research and analysis including review of structure, legal matters and cash flow of both existing and potential investment transactions as well as economic environments surrounding such investments.
- To review and analyse overall credit markets as well as specific environment as requested and produce reports on a periodic basis.
- To contribute toward the development of Branch strategy.
- To maintain and improve the level of operation and internal control of the department including response to internal/external audit/inspection and compliance issues.
- To develop a strategy for setting up new fund investments in the branch in close discussion with the senior management and related departments in HQ.
- To carry out such other duties as requested by the Head of the Department.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have extensive experience working within/across Credit Investment and Asset Backed Securities analysis in an international investment environment.