West End, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum
11 months ago
Our client, a multinational bank based in the West End are looking to recruit a Senior Product Manager to join their Product & Marketing department. You will be responsible for the overall development, governance oversight and marketing promotions of all the Bank's products (wholesale and retail) ensuring that: the interests, objectives and characteristics of consumers are taken into account, potential customer detriment is avoided, conflicts of interest are minimised. This position is deemed to have a major influence on the overall risk profile of the Bank. The individual will understand the risk loss versus gains for the Bank and will be aware of actions that could cause reputational risk to the Bank if controls are not followed.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Identify the relevant target market and ensure all products are appropriate (features, charges, risks) for the interests, objectives and characteristics of the identified target market.
- Develop, manage, document and deliver retail and wholesale banking products, by collaborating with internal stakeholders and external experts/advisors.
- Undertake product testing before a product is brought to a new market or a significant change is made to an existing product.
- Monitor products on an ongoing basis to ensure that the interests, objectives and characteristics of consumers continue to appropriately taken into account.
- Take remedial action to mitigate or prevent reoccurrence of detriment if a problem is identified from the Bank's products in the market.
- Develop and implement short and long term strategic product roadmaps to ensure the Bank achieves revenue targets.
- Work with the Head of Shared Services to provide and maintain a Product Governance structure for the Bank.
- Manage the training of the distribution network for new products or any updates of existing products.
- Build a strong working relationship with stakeholders to create and execute strategies for product development and launches.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking performance measurements, retention and acquisition strategies at all stages of the product life cycle.
- Identify avenues for revenue generation, cost reduction and risk mitigation for banking product propositions.
- Monitoring and understanding the potential of new technologies and business models, identifying and developing new opportunities.
- To provide on-site and remote presentations, demonstrations and solution discoveries on products and marketing opportunities.
- Ensure that the TCF framework requirements are fully considered when developing and launching new products, and reviewing effectiveness of existing products.
- Assist to create, develop and implement the Bank's marketing strategy to meet the needs of the overall business plan.
- Actively build strong relationships with all Departments within the Bank in order to drive in-branch marketing activities and campaigns that will create value for the Bank and optimise both budget and resources
- Assist to increase the market share through the design and implementation of a marketing plan based on a thorough analysis and evaluation of local markets.
- Help review the full marketing mix from printed collateral and events right through to digital marketing and social media activities.
- Assist to develop, manage and grow customer engagement through social media marketing.
- Support the management of the Bank's website and web development projects, including the ability to write all copy for the website.
- Understand and segment customers through the market analysis, brand tracking and insight provided by the customer experience executive.
- Support the marketing team with the strategic plan, which includes market and competitor analysis and corporate positioning, including PR.
- Assist in the development and implement the annual marketing plan/calendar.
- Assist in building relationships with advertising agencies and media agencies, integrated marketing plans and campaigns using the right media, with optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
To be considered for this opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Minimum 5 years banking experience in Retail Banking or Banking Product Management
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of local banking regulation and operational processes - essential
- Proven decision-making capability
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills