West London, London
£340 - £350 per day
AF - WD - SSS_1619199452
21 days ago
My long standing Global Media client have tasked me with finding a Senior Sourcing Specialist to join their team on a 6 month contract with a view to an immediate start reporting to the Senior Sourcing and Procurement Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- The Senior Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for all procurement activities related to Physical Production
- Work with the business to establish benchmarks costs for crew and production equipment.
- Working with stakeholders and use these benchmarks to review and challenge budgets submitted
- Develop and maintain a vendor list for key production commodities
- Work closely with Sourcing colleagues across our main EMEA markets
- Collaborate closely with Sourcing colleagues Domestically and across all regions
- Make sure the Company's reputation is preserved though vendor compliance
- Be the point of contact within Sourcing for the Production teams for the UK
- Provide support to the regional production teams
- Develop a cost benchmarking database for physical production commodities primarily for UK
- Review production budgets submitted by 3rd party production companies to identify opportunities to improve cost
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends and conditions in the physical production space and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients.
WHO YOU ARE
- Able to travel when safe to do so (10% of the time)
- Fluent in English and one other regional language preferred
- Good understanding of Finance.
- Bachelor degree - preferably 2:1.
- Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve the vision
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of content production for TV and experience managing related procurement activity
- Ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders through your subject matter knowledge, keeping commitments and problem solving
- Proactively looks for new opportunities
- Transfers ideas and successes across boundaries
- Challenges the status quo
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Excellent facilitation and project management skills and the ability to handle a number of tasks and projects at the same time
- Ability to analyse data and use this to develop sourcing opportunities
- Ability to apply market knowledge to create extra value for stakeholders
- Experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies and leading supplier negotiations
- Good understanding of legal aspects related to procurement contracts
- A minimum 5 years-experience with a record of providing procurement support to physical production
If you are interested or know anyone who is please get in touch to hear more.