City of London, London
Up to £50000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Settlements Analyst - £50,000
City based International Bank, are looking to hire a Settlements Analyst for a fixed term contract for up to 15 months.
Main responsibilities of the Settlements Analyst will include;
- Ensure all Bond and Equity trades settle on a timely basis; within Euroclear, Asian, European and US Markets as directed by Line Manager.
- Late shift work for USD Settlements between 19:30-20:30 working remotely from home as and when required and pre-agreed with line manager. Individual is allowed to leave office early in order to support. Monitoring of fails/settlements for DTC and UST markets and arranging covering for any DK'd trades where appropriate to ensure any negative cash balance is covered.
- Declaration and processing of transactional taxes: UK & Irish Stamp, Financial Transaction Tax.
- Assist with processing of Overdraft Interest charges and third party interest claims.
- Implement ideas across the department; with an aim to reduce manual processes and improve automation
- Project work as required and contributing to the department's project slate.
- Respond to internal and external trade enquiries in a timely manner.
- Cross train and cover other departments/team members across the Operations as and when required.
- Participate conduct relevant SOX Testing and audit work (internal and external).
- Operate within the defined process controls and procedures, proactively seeking out any risks, escalating and providing ideas to remediate
- Liaise with counterparties/clients to resolve all trade settlement issues
- Monitoring of fails/settlements for relevant Domestic Markets / Euroclear;
- Escalate any settlement issues to the correct distributions immediately keeping relevant departments in the loop
- Ensure timely responses to client queries sent by email/ phone communication, providing a good client experience
- Carry out reconciliation investigation on all relevant items with a one-day deadline (using TLM for cash and stock breaks);
- Liaise with Cash Management and traders to resolve failed trades, bond settlement issues and general operational risk.
To be considered for the Settlements Analyst position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Solid experience within Investment Banking Operations.
- Extensive coverage of standard operational tasks.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of settlements of Euroclear, Asian, European and US securities markets.
- Reconciliations experience.
- Expert understanding of securities markets, their deadlines and challenges from settlements perspective.
- Demonstrated understanding of Fixed Income and Equity securities.
- Swift messaging
- System Skills - EasyWay, Gloss, TLM Reconciliations (experience with Intellimatch is good alternative to TLM) & Swift Alliance