City of London, London
£28000 - £33000 per annum
2 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Trade Finance Assistant to join their expanding Trade Finance Department.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Export and Import L/C Payments - MT103 and 202 settlements and MT742 reimbursements
- Discounts, post- finance, re-finance, pre-shipment finance loans
- Spreadsheet amortizations
- Spreadsheet schedules: presentations, discounts commissions
- Maturity reports - Ensure chasers sent 10 days prior to maturity General · Input and complete transactions to IBSnet trade system
- Ensure timely processing of SWIFT, telephonic, mail and fax instructions/queries from customers, correspondents and principals.
- Ensure chasers in place with regards to chasing of funds/acceptance and handling related queries.
- Despatch of correspondence, export/import documents, photocopying and filing.
- Swift verification
- Advising and assisting customers in payment queries
- Keeping up to date with current AML / KYC and Fraud prevention legislation.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- Minimum A Level educated
- Experience: Minimum up to 1 year to 18 months experience gained within another financial institution Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Trade Finance banking
- Experience with swift payments, discounts and loans
- Excellent interpersonal communication and interaction skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good overall knowledge and understanding of trade operations
- Ability to be able to deal confidently with the highest levels of bank staff