City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
9 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the City are looking to recruit a Transaction Reporting Officer to join their expanding Banking Department. Main purpose of the position is management reporting and governance of transaction reporting processes under EMIR, MiFID, MiFIDII. The Transaction Reporting Officer will have responsibility for guiding the remediation of current transaction reporting (primarily EMIR and MiFID) processes and controls and to prepare the bank for transaction reporting under MiFID II.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Finish the daily transaction reports including daily trade activity reporting, daily Profit & Lost production, reconciliation, and attribution analysis, comprehensive independent price verification, trade break investigation and remediation, market value adjustment processes;
- Collateral Management. Credit documentation (ISDA/CSA) management, Transaction data collation and validation, Margin valuation, Reconciliation, exchange (settlement), and confirmation of margin (including dispute management), Periodic collateral reconciliation and counterparty reporting;
- End-to-End Trade Reconciliation: undertake comprehensive validation of trade data throughout the trade lifecycle;
- Regulatory Reporting: discharges the associated completeness, accuracy, trade investigation / remediation, and governance reporting responsibilities. This role should also act as a point of liaison with the various reporting service providers;
- Customer Portfolio Reconciliation: subject to formalized reconciliation and dispute management processes of counterparty positions and portfolios;
- Implement remedial actions highlighted by Compliance and other internal business control functions;
- Design and develop control processes to support critical EMIR and MiFID functions such as trade reconciliation processes, collateral management, and internal reporting;
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop action plans to ensure the Bank will be compliant with the requirements of MiFID II/MiFIR when it becomes effective;
- Provide ad hoc subject matter guidance to stakeholders including Operations, Treasury, and Compliance, and to Senior Management where appropriate;
- Attend and provide input to relevant transaction reporting working groups and meetings;
- Report regularly on progress of remediation actions;
- Highlight controls and processes that may require attention to ensure regulatory compliance;
- Liaise with external vendors and service providers where necessary;
- Conduct daily basic CASS review operation in accordance with established "policies";
- Other duties as and when assigned.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:-
- Thorough technical understanding of the UK EMIR, MiFID and MiFID II transaction reporting regime;
- Practical experience in delivering transaction reporting activities in line roles within trading businesses;
- Understanding of cross-border impacts arising from international (i.e. UK, EU, and non-EU including US) transaction reporting regulations;
- Process and control analysis and documentation capabilities - including developing industry-standard flow charts;
- Proven experience of developing policy documents and similar guidance including functional procedures documentation in line with internal corporate standards and market best practices.
To be considered for the Transaction Reporting Officer, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Good working knowledge of UK EMIR, MiFID II/MiFIR rules;
- Basic project management capabilities including chairing working group meetings, managing work streams, scheduling project action plans, cost/benefit assessment, engagement with third party service providers, etc.;
- Strong presentation skills - providing one-to-one, structured training, and management reporting to staff at all levels of the Bank.
In addition, to strong interpersonal and presentation skills, this role will benefit from the following skills: -
- Strong awareness of generally accepted information security standards;
- Experience of working in international banking organizations will be of value;
- Secondary market sales and trading models and common products and instruments.