City of London, London
Up to £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client, a real estate investment firm, are seeking a qualified accountant with a background in transactions/corporate finance, to join their team in an exciting new role. We are looking for a responsible, driven individual with great attention to detail to support their new and future acquisitions. In this diverse role, you'll work across all disciplines in the business including Property management, Asset Management, IT and Finance as well as with the teams in the SP&A and FP&A teams, to ensure timely onboarding of new acquisitions. You'll also have project management responsibilities.
* Deliver high quality process and control documentation following the onboarding of a new deal
* Provide detailed daily updates on the progress of allocated deals to the onboarding team
* Deliver to tight deadlines
* For Share deals, understand and create pre-acquisition, SPA and PPA journal adjustments, making sure documents are clear and auditable
* Own one or more jurisdictions to ensure a smooth onboarding of new deals
* Run weekly calls to monitor progress of new acquisitions and ensure action points are followed up
* Review completion statements either internally or by assisting external advisors and produce clear working papers to ensure all elements have been covered
* Work with teams to map Sellers COA to Mileway COA and create ETL's for upload of opening balances from financial completion statements.
* Work with third party advisers
* ACA/CFA qualified
* At least three years' post-qualified experience
* Your strong project management skills. You're well organized with the ability to manage and prioritise many simultaneous tasks, without compromising your excellent quality standard and attention to detail.
* Your strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal. You can confidently and assertively chair calls to make sure all points are covered and ensure good outcomes.
* Bags of initiative! You are a proactive worker who will see opportunities and address them.
* You have great team energy. You're a hands-on self-starter who works confidently and independently, and you also collaborate well with others.
* Strong technical skills and an understanding of acquisition accounting are a plus. An audit background is also desirable.
* Experience with Yardi Voyager is a plu