West End, London
£251 - £28000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank are looking to recruit a Treasury Operations Assistant to join their expanding Operations Department. Main responsibilities of the Operations Assistant will include;
- Complete the settlement of all Treasury transactions on their designated value and date in accordance with the London Code and the Bank's policies and procedure manuals.
- Complete daily correspondent bank and customer payment processing by the relevant payment deadlines.
- Input/Process all incoming payments through Equation with correct value dates.
- Pass all journal entries for credits received in Vostro accounts for customers.
- Return all credits received in error from other banks.
- Attend all enquiries received with regard to Treasury transactions till resolved.
- Input settlement instructions on all money market/foreign exchange deals.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all MM/FXT deals with the relevant confirmations in data store.
- Proper filing of all inward/outward remittances with copies of swift messages.
- Comply rigidly with the Bank's anti-money laundering procedures, reporting exceptions to your line manager and suspicions to the MLRO.
- Comply with systems and controls for the function as detailed in the relevant procedure manuals to mitigate treasury related risks.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates should have the following experience and skills;
- Ideally minimum 1 years relevant experience
- A Level Educated (grade c and above)
- Understanding of banking instruments, procedures and dealing practices.
- An understanding of Banking and Treasury Operations procedures and policies.
- Good analytical, reporting and spreadsheet skills.
- Good treasury accounting or financial accounting experience.
- System skills - MS Office Suite, SWIFT, Misys Equation
- Attention to detail and pride in work output
- Able to meet and exceed customer needs
- Good written and verbal communication