City of London, London
£350 - £450 per day + Great Company Culture
about 1 month ago
My client is an Asset based finance Bank in the City of London and are currently looking for a VAT Accountant for a 12 month FTC with an immediate start.
Perform the Accounting Function in an efficient and controlled manner by:
- Timely and completely recording all relevant accounting transactions;
- Fulfilling corporate reporting requirements in line with IFRS;
- Providing accurate data for tax returns (VAT, CIT and PSA) to Group and Local Tax or external advisors;
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Internal Control requirements;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with Group Finance and Group and Local Tax departments.
- The main objective of the Accounting Team is accurate reporting and data provision to all relevant stakeholders
The VAT Compliance Specialist/Accountant is responsible for preparation of the UK Quarterly VAT Return and monthly Intrastat return. The job holder will work closely with other Accounting team members and colleagues of UK Tax.
- Prepare UK VAT return and Intrastat by extracting data from various IT applications, verifying the data, analysing transaction by applying UK VAT rules;
- Conduct product, fees/charges, transactional reviews by following internal SOPs and HMRC VAT compliance guidance
- Ensure the compliance with UK VAT compliance rules by reviewing/addressing any changes in the data supplied for VAT Return purposes both driven by changes in IT applications and in business.
- Maintain UK VAT Records by keeping in order relevant VAT Return files and maintaining an audit trail for any transactions which were reviewed as part of VAT Return preparation process.
- Initiate and implement improvements in relation to the VAT return preparation process;
- The expected results of the function are: 1. Timely submission of VAT return for submission to UK tax and 2. Improvement of quality of the UK VAT return by performing extra manual activities (for instance by sampling transactions).
- ACA (or equivalent) or CTA qualified tax professional
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office applications and , in particular, Excel
- Strong organisational skills;
- Experience of managing a wide range of stakeholders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills