£23000 - £28000 per annum + study support
about 1 month ago
Role: Accounts Assistant
Location: City of London
Acting as a key member of the Finance team contributing to the daily operational support and administration of nominated group entities.
Supporting the team day-to-day, key responsibilities will include the timely processing and monitoring of all payments and receivables across a number of companies, as well as organising and maintaining general ledgers.
- Managing Supplier Accounts split with the rest of the team.
- To ensure all relevant documentation related to payment of invoices is accurate and attached, such as bank details,
company addresses and purchase orders.
- To provide point of contact with all creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff
- Processing and tracking business rates, council tax and utilities.
- Tracking and managing meter readings.
- Ensure correct coding of invoices.
- Matching and processing invoices in CODA
- Ensure the timely payment of CIS/VAT returns and payments.
- Resolving invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Liaising with suppliers and staff.
- Processing payment runs.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Assistance with insurance and rental properties.
- At least 1 year experience within an accounting related role
- Ambitious studier wanting to become a qualified accountant
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word