City of London, London
£27000 - £30000 per annum
3 months ago
Role: Accounts Assistant
Location: City of London
To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect of payments of invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger.
Ensure that a professional service is provided to the business and external parties such as suppliers and subcontractors.
- Managing Supplier Accounts split with the rest of the team.
- To ensure all relevant documentation related to payment of invoices is accurate and attached, such as bank details,company addresses and purchase orders.
- To provide point of contact with all creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses.
- Processing and tracking business rates, council tax and utilities.
- Tracking and managing meter readings.
- Ensure correct coding of invoices.
- Matching and processing invoices in CODA and processing white cards in Expedian
- Ensure the timely payment of CIS/VAT returns and payments.
- Resolving Invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Liaising with suppliers and staff.
- Processing payment runs.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Assistance with insurance and rental properties.
- Support Purchase Ledger Manager and Finance Controller
- Provision of further ad-hoc tasks:
- Aiding financial analysis;
- Special Finance projects.
- Other administration and filing
- 2:1 or above at degree level, strong A levels and GCSE's
- At least 1 year experience within an accounting related role
- Quick learner, with confidence to work independently
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word