City of London, London
£23000 - £28000 per annum
10 months ago
Our client, an Asset Management Consultancy, listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange are seeking a diligent and responsible accounts assistant to work on accounts payable, management reporting and treasury related finance operations.
Job title: Accounts Assistant
- Timely cash management including daily cash balance reporting and forecasting for all divisions. This includes ensuring all future cash movements are captured in the forecast, bank accounts are adequately funded and intercompany cash transactions.
- Assist in debt funding requirements e.g drawdown requests, interest payments, covenant calculations
- Maintain banking platforms and relationship with key stakeholders. This includes admin tasks like account set up and closures, processing access rights and general banking enquiries.
- Completion of month end bank reconciliations for 35+ accounts in multiple currencies across the Group
- Preparation of cashflow analysis for month end reporting
- Coordinate weekly payment runs
- Run the employee expenses and credit card process and postings
- Be responsible for client account transactions in line with SRA Account Rules
- Posting of month end journals for intercompany, funding and interests
- Assist management accountant in completion of monthly management packs
- Assist in cash and accounts payable related integration steps for new acquisitions
- Assist in annual reporting and audit related matters
- Provide cover for the cashier on cash and accounts payable postings for all entities
- Any other treasury, reporting, finance task and absence cover as required for other members of the team
- Minimum two years' experience working with cash management and forecasting
- Minimum two years' experience with Accounts payable postings and payment runs
- Experience with multi-currency accounting/cash flow
- Understanding of monthly management accounting, basic debits and credits knowledge required
- Working through AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word in particular)
- Familiarity with the SRA Accounts Rules is an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided and client account transactions are low volume.