£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits
4 months ago
An exciting, progressive role in a Real Estate business has become available for an Accounts Assistant to join the team.
The role has come about as the incumbent has just been promoted. This role is ideal for someone energetic and ambitious wanting a supporting environment to build out thier career in accounting and progress through the career levels within the organisation. The company specialise in commercial real estate in key Central London hubs within thier portfolio.
Duties of the role include:
- Updating cashbook daily, by company, with BACs/Cheque receipts;
- Scanning and banking cheques;
- Preparing journals for funds allocation/correction;
- Investigating unallocated cheques;
- Investigations into payments/receipts as required;
- Daily checking of bank transactions and balances via online banking systems;
- Liaison with the Credit Control, Treasury and other finance teams;
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations;
- Management and ownership of payroll accounting based on data from Group payroll function;
- Review and track use of Company Corp Cards for reporting to Audit Committee;
- Prepare monthly Cash Use Reports and quarterly fixed asset register;
- Preparation of annual financial statements for dormant group companies;
- Assist Group Reporting team with year end reporting reviews and providing support to the auditors.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Degree educated preferred
- Ideally working towards an accountancy qualification
- A years experience in accounting
- Ambitious and driven to pursue a career in accountancy
- Property experience would be preferred but not essential
The salary on offer is £28,000-£30,000 per annum plus a wealth of additional benefits.