City of London, London
£28000.00 - £30000 per annum
11 months ago
Accounts Assistant - Credit Control & Purchase Ledger
KennedyPearce Consulting are currently partnering with a SME membership association based in the City of London in their search for a (part time) duel Credit Control & Purchase Ledger role within the wider finance team. With a focus around Accounts Payable/Credit Control, this role will also include general accounting responsibilities, which will assist the broader finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is ambitious, displays ownership within their role and is adaptable and can work from home until the office reopens after the pandemic.
Managing the accurate and timely processing of day to day financial transactions
- Setting up new customer accounts & updating existing customer accounts.
- Supporting with the issuing of customer sales invoices.
- Assisting with the prompt collection of sales ledger income and effective credit control procedures.
- Ensuring that a timely and accurate response is made to all customer queries including liaison with staff organising the events.
- Data cleansing work as directed by the Finance Manager.
Supporting with the accurate & timely Purchase Ledger
- Ensure prompt payment of expense claims & payments to suppliers.
- Liaison with budget holders to ensure correct coding & authorisation.
- Producing weekly BACS payment schedules and despatching remittance advices promptly.
- Provide assistance with reviewing the aged creditors' listing and resolving non-current bala
- Ensuring all queries, external or internal, relating to purchase ledger are resolved.
- Experience of using Access Dimensions.
- Experience within an accounting function including data entry, sales & purchase ledger.
- A positive can do attitude and an enthusiasm to learn new tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Confidence to liaise with customers particularly concerning debt chasing.
- Ability to work on own initiative and competency in making judgements e.g. with regard to queries from customers and suppliers.