City of London, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits
about 1 year ago
We are working with a highly successful Tech Start-Up company who are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their dynamic team, reporting directly into the Finance Manager. The successful candidate will able to demonstrate excellent communications skills with at least 1 years' previous relevant experience.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is looking to join a vastly growing start-up company and someone looking to study towards an accountancy qualification.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensuring invoices received are correctly raised
- Processing supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Ensuring supplier invoices are posted to Zero only when approved and the PO raiser confirmed the goods/services have been received.
- Working with the Finance Manager to ensure costs are accurately recorded Monitoring of the Accounts Payable email inbox
- Reviewing debit balances on the purchase ledger
- Reviewing supplier accounts to identify invoices due for payment
- Preparing a list of invoices proposed for payment, ensuring all invoices are posted and have all the correct supporting documents with them
- Preparing payment run including BACS and same day transfers
- Answering questions arising on review of the payment run by management pre-approval and release
- Sending remittances to suppliers to ensure correct application of payments
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations to identify missing invoices, requesting copies and passing these to relevant staff for approval
- Any other Ad hoc duties as required
- Degree Educated 2:1 and above
- Prior AP experience - essential
- Sociable personality - chatty, friendly and like to be part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Zero experience preferable
- Intermediate/advanced excel is preferable