City of London, London
Up to £24000.00 per annum
2 months ago
My Client, a commercial foreign exchange specialist, based in the City are looking for a Junior Accounts Payable clerk to join their finance team. This fast paced team and looking for a positive, reliable and well organised individual on a 6-12 month FTC, with potential to turn permanent depending on individual performance. Must have excellent excel skills.
As an Accounts Payable clerk you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and running the weekly supplier payment runs for all
- Posting invoices accurately to weekly and monthly
- Reconcile supplier
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for
- Ensure correct authorizations are
- Sending payment runs via
- Inspect and resolve misallocated
- Investigate and resolve queries associated with supplier invoices and
- Ensure accurate application of VAT to invoicing and cost allocations.
- Confirm invoices are checked and approved in line with policy and operational
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable files including weekly reconciliation of control
- Preparing reporting of payment practices and performance (Suppliers report).
As an Accounts Payable clerk you will need:
- Finance/accounting background: must have great knowledge of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, etc.) and how they work.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy and adherence to all
- Solid accounting, finance and bookkeeping
- Advanced Excel experience: macros, Vlookup's, pivot tables, scenario
- Computer systems familiarity: must be comfortable working with our information technology department and able to learn quickly about our computer operating system to assist in new report generation and reconciliation of existing reports.
- Experience on working in MS Excel spreadsheet along with the use of statistical software to analyze the financial
- SunSystems knowledge
- Desirable experience of dealing with auditors and handling audit