£23000 - £27000 per annum
about 1 year ago
As an Accounts Payable you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and running the weekly supplier payment runs for all subsidiaries.
- Posting invoices accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers.
- Ensure correct authorizations are obtained.
- Sending payment runs via BACs.
- Inspect and resolve misallocated costs.
- Investigate and resolve queries associated with supplier invoices and recharges.
- Ensure accurate application of VAT to invoicing and cost allocations.
- Confirm invoices are checked and approved in line with policy and operational guidelines.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable files including weekly reconciliation of control accounts.
- Preparing reporting of payment practices and performance (Suppliers report).
As an Accounts Payable you will need:
- Finance/accounting background: must have great knowledge of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, etc.) and how they work.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy and adherence to all controls.
- Solid accounting, finance and bookkeeping knowledge.
- Advanced Excel experience: macros, Vlookup's, pivot tables, scenario manager.
- Computer systems familiarity: must be comfortable working with our information technology department and able to learn quickly about our computer operating system to assist in new report generation and reconciliation of existing reports.
- Experience on working in MS Excel spreadsheet along with the use of statistical software to analyze the financial reports.
- SunSystems knowledge
- Desirable experience of dealing with auditors and handling audit