£20000 - £22000 per annum + study support
24 days ago
Our client is a global media agency who embrace a vibrant and dynamic work environment. They are seeking an Accounts Payable who holds a little experience and is now looking for the next step.
To manage the payment of all media supplier invoices and associated ledgers. To manage media credits as per red/green schedule.
- Stamp supplier invoice on day of receipt.
- Review supplier invoice within 48 hours of receipt.
- Submit actuals invoices to the client teams within 24 hours of receipt via system.
- Receive new client forms from billings and credit controller and do company check & DB check within 24 hours.
- Check team bookings within 24 hours of submission.
- Media payables and booking queries should be looked into and responded to in a collaborative and constructive manner
- Review, complete and own Aged Creditor, Aged WIP and Intercompany Reports.
- Prepare and own monthly WIP meeting.
- Twice a month review all supplier invoices to see if funds have been received
- Once statement and bank details received, check all details correct and process payment.
- If payment in GBP it should be paid via a 5P. If payment is in currency then it should be paid via HSBCnet, if there is no template a form should be completed, signed by FM/FD and given to media manager to add.
- Payments should be posted within 24 hours of it leaving our account.
- Any reasonable adhoc tasks as instructed by reporting managers. For e.g. leave cover of tasks - full detail should be provided with appropriate timescale.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Finance qualification - advantageous.
- Any experience working within a Finance department - advantageous.
- Commercial outlook; An awareness of consumer & business world.
- Ability to diagnose problem & underlying causes.
- Open mind to assess different options & solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with finance and non-finance people, throughout Mindshare.
- Strong verbal & written communicator - in a collaborative manner.
- Self-motivated, flexible and high level of initiative. Takes ownership of issues and personal development.
- Ability to prioritise and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Anticipate issues and take proactive action to avoid problems.
- Understanding of SOx obligations, Accounting Standards and Business Control Environments.
- Good IT skills - in particular excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables)
- Good Finance application skills.