City of London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum
AF - APM_1622735709
4 months ago
TEMP TO PERM
The purpose of this position is to undertake accounts payable duties covering processing of invoices, ensuring payments are paid on time and supplier statements are reconciled.
You need to be forward-thinking, highly organised with the ability to multi-task.
- Responsible for the Accounts Mailbox and Post and uploading any invoices received
- Resolving any queries on the AP Query Log form the Business.
- Responsible for accurately processing purchase invoices per day and to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Responsible for resolving invoice queries (Errors, Coding Rejects and Revalidations).
- Completing annual Learning and Development training assessments.
- Liaising with managers, employees and suppliers with regards to any queries to resolution in a professional and timely manner via the telephone, emails and/or in person.
- To ensure supplier statements accounts are reconciled and to identifying any discrepancies between accounts and the Suppliers Statements and requesting copies of missing documentation.
- Liaising with the suppliers when you identify any duplicate/overpayments and request a refund to retrieve any money owed to the business or raising a credit memo in Oracle to reduce future payments.
- Attending supplier accounts meetings with employees and/or suppliers.
- Assisting in the year end audit by providing any requested supporting documentation.
- To process court order claims as per the procedures set out in the Account Payments manual ensuring the matters are resolved before the deadlines on the form.
- Chaps, Petty Cash and Non-Urgent Bacs Payment Runs.
- Processing the weekly Expenses.
- Creating the Self-Billing and Prepayment invoices
- Responsible for re-coding supplier invoices.
- Conducting the weekly balancing, month end and posting journals.
- Obtaining and processing the direct debit and standing order invoices.
Your Skills & Experience
- Extraordinary experience in an AP role spanning at least three to four years local experience
- Management experience
- ORACLE experience is a must
- Strong communication skills to maintain positive working relationships with a variety of suppliers and employees.
- Excellent time management skills and eagerness to learn.
You are highly organised, detail oriented, and have a sense of urgency to complete tasks promptly but accurately. You have a flexible outlook with the ability to think out side the box. You have strong communication, customer service and social skills, especially with contacts from both technical and financial backgrounds. You have a high-energy that is infectious to those around you and offer a creative flair to provide innovative solutions to improve the A/P function.
- Knowledge of the retail, hospitality or property sectors preferable
- Desire to drive through challenging issues to resolution and improved solution
- Dealt with multiple rent payment runs
- A-level education or higher/Qualified by Experience (18 months minimum)
- Finance qualification desirable
- Good accounting ability, i.e. to complete reconciliations
- Computer Literate
- Be fully conversant in Microsoft Office
- Oracle Financial experience essential
What's on offer?
- A dynamic role with a great company
- A role that will develop you providing you add value to the team!
- Exposure to a variety of special projects to extend your skill set.
- Forward-thinking career prospects and a real chance to reach your full potential.