£25000 - £28000 per annum
AFAPRE - 2397_1625050159
5 months ago
I have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Accounts Payable Officer to join my client within the fashion and cosmetic industry based in WATFORD. As the Accounts Payable Officer you will require excellent attention to detail and the ability to adapt to their very busy environment. You will be responsible for the collation and preparation of all documentation relating to supplier invoices.
This opportunity will suit someone who is looking to be part of a fast-growing company and develop into an integral person within the team.
What you will be doing?
- Matching stock receipted into the warehouse with supplier invoices.
- Preparing of multi-currency payment runs.
- Ensuring prompt payment for stock
- Ensuring correct debit note deductions are raised and deducted from suppliers.
- Verifying that key high value/volume debit notes are agreed by suppliers
- Reviewing and investigation of unallocated cash.
- Checking any accounts with debit balances, requesting refunds where appropriate
- Reviewing and clearing Unapproved Invoices Register
- Reconciling key supplier accounts on a regular rotational basis, to ensure clear visibility of issues on major accounts
- Assisting with the production of weekly/monthly KPI reporting.
- Assisting the Team Leader with the production of weekly/monthly reporting for management accounts purposes.
- Liaising with auditors during year end process.
- Paying suppliers within agreed time frames and resolution of queries in a timely manner.
- Cultivating and maintaining good internal business relationship
- Enter supplier invoices into the system and prepare for invoicing
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve discrepancies
- Assist with month end related duties
- Perform general administration duties as required
Who you are?
- Experience in a similar role within a RETAIL enviornment - you will not be selected if you do not have Retail Finance experience unfortunately.
- Stock experience
- Experience dealing with multi country/currency transactions
- Exposure to high volume processing upwards of 300 per week
- Great tme management Skills
- Exceptional communication and multitasking skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Friendly and sociable personality
- Quick learner
- High level of attention to detail
- Microsoft Dynamics experience