£30000 - £35000 per annum + study support
8 months ago
The current opportunity is for a part qualified accountant to join the Accounting team in order to work alongside the Finance Manager with the production of management and financial information for the business. The aim is to get a thorough understanding of the business and then to progress the role and take on further responsibility, as the outsource programme frees up more time.
- The production of management information for the business.
- Maintaining the internal models used to produce the management accounts.
- Assisting the Finance Manager in the production of the budgets, management accounts and accompanying schedules.
- Preparing of monthly and annual rolling cash flows.
- Ah hoc analysis for Board reporting.
- Assisting the Finance Manager to produce the financial reports to the Management and Operations Committee, the Executive Committee and the Partnership Board.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation and distribution of Board Packs.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the production of the annual financial statements.
- Preparation of supporting schedules to the financial statements.
- Liaison with the external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Day to day supervision of the work of the outsource providers.
- Ensuring invoices are coded correctly by the admin assistant prior to dispatch to administrator.
- Reviewing payroll runs for accuracy prior to dispatch to administrator.
- Review of general, suppliers and Debtors ledgers produced by administrators.
- Review of monthly reporting packs from administrators.
- Overall responsibility for income and expenditure.
- Review of suppliers and debtors ledgers.
- Review of banks reconciliations.
- Review month end accounts produced by the administrators.
- Ideally part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Degree educated (First or 2:1) with strong academics
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for numbers
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills
- Be efficient, reliable and thorough
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles