- Posted 07 March 2023
- Salary £25000 - £35000 per annum + hybrid working + bonus
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineAccounting & Finance
- Contact NameFerdie Arkwright
An investment trust/professional services firm are looking for an assistant accountant to join their team in the City of London. This hybrid role is an exciting new prospect, where the successful candidate would be providing accounting services to SPVs, making this very niche role an incredibly unique opportunity.
Globally known for their strong investment performances, this firm are a leading provider of independent governance and transaction support services.
Assistant Accountant Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare management accounts, monthly reports, and annual financial statements under IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Liaise with external auditors and the audit process for client entities.
- Prepare and file iXBRL tagged financial statements.
- Prepare and file VAT returns, corporation tax returns and other regulatory and ad-hoc reports.
- Review transaction documentation for client companies and gain a thorough understanding of the structures and the services we are required to provide.
- Liaise with external parties in order to achieve client objectives.
Assistant Accountant Skills & Competencies:
- A recent graduate or part-qualified accountant, who is progressing towards completion/keen to embark on the ACA/ACCA/AAT qualification.
- Experience of structured finance markets including securitisation.
- Intellectually curious, with a willingness to learn the key intricacies of the structured finance markets.
- Experience of preparing statutory financial statements and management accounts would be beneficial.
- Excellent IT skills are a must. The role will require advanced MS office skills. Experience of using accounting packages would be useful.
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills; able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- 1-2 years' experience from a practice background.
- Strong academics.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £35,000 alongside generous perks and benefits. If you feel you meet the necessary requirements for this role and you're ready to move into an Assistant Accountant role with extensive development, please do not hesitate in applying.