North West London, London
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
9 months ago
Assistant Company Secretary
9 Month FTC - Maternity Cover
Must be immediately available.
My Client are a leading boutique Asset Management firm in the heart of Central London, with a huge presence internationally. They are looking for an Assistant Company Secretary to join their team on an initial 9 Month FTC, to start ASAP.
As Assistant Company Secretariat you will provide support to the Company Secretary on respect of matters, including the smooth running of key Management Committee and underlying activities by helping the Chairpersons setting agendas, preparing and presenting papers to the Committees, advising on Governance practices and procedures, ensuring that Committee meetings are appropriately recorded and decisions are actioned.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Company Secretary:
- Manage and minimise regulatory, legal and conduct risks.
- Provide independent and impartial advice to the Head of Governance, Company Secretary & Chairpersons on governance and statutory related matters.
- Ensure that Committee meetings are regularly convened, that a formal schedule of matters specifically reserved for decision by the Board is maintained.
- Truly drive Committee and Governance effectiveness and ensure the smooth running of the Committees' activities by helping the Chairpersons to set agendas, preparing and presenting papers to the Committees, advising on procedures, ensuring that Committee decisions are actioned and supporting the Chairpersons in delivering any actions arising from any review of Governance Review Effectiveness.
- Be available to the Directors, particularly the Non-Executive Directors, for any advice and services that they require.
- Undertake and help support appropriate filings to Companies House.
- Liaising, developing and maintaining working relationship with stakeholders and divisions across the Group.
- Actively collaborate with the whole Governance & Secretariat team to ensure aligned and consistent approach across relevant activities.
Essentials of the Assistant Company Secretary:
- 3+ years of Assist Company Sec experience.
- Experience of minute taking.
- Experience working in financial services and in particular asset management.
- Inquisitive nature and proactive approach.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and prioritise accordingly.
- Adapting communication style to different stakeholders and advising in a way that is clear and meaningful.
- Ability to work in both a team environment and individually when required.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.