£45000 - £55000 per annum
5 months ago
Assistant Financial Controller (Hospitality)
We have an excellent opportunity for a top-tier Senior Financial or Group Accountant to step up into an Assistant Financial Controller role at a rapidly growing firm. In this role you will report directly to the Head of Finance and be responsible for providing timely and accurate financial statements, accounting advice, tax compliance and back office treasury functions to enable the enable the Group to fulfil its internal and external reporting obligations and to further improve those processes and quality of reporting. You will also have the opportunity to manage a small team which will grow as changes come into play further on in the year.
- Assist with the preparation of other information for the Group's Interim and Annual results, including audit committee papers, presentations, and the annual report.
- Review reporting packs submitted by business units and proactively identify ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of reporting information submitted.
- Assist with planning for the Group's reporting process including preparation of instructions, timetables, pro-formas and develop other tools to ensure efficiency during peak reporting periods.
- Develop & deliver training to finance team members in the business divisions and shared services teams as needed to ensure finance team members have sufficient knowledge to accurately and efficiently prepare half yearly reporting packs within desired timeframes.
- Proactively assist the Head of Finance with providing accurate accounting support to senior management and the business units
- Assist with research and preparation of memos to support key accounting positions and judgements taken by the Group in preparing the financial results.
- Review reconciliations and workings prepared by shared service and prepare other work papers as necessary to ensure monthly reporting of the Corporate entities is complete and accurate.
- Working with external consultants and the Head of Finance, assist with preparation of the Group's annual income tax return, tax returns and other tax compliance deliverables.
- Preparation and review of tax effect accounting entries.
- Assist the Head of Finance with implementing (and identifying) improvements to the Group's reporting, treasury and tax processes
To be considered for this role you must have at least 3 years experience in a multisite organisation. You will also be highly skilled in financial reporting and ideally have some exposure to staff management. Due to extensive stakeholder relation excellent communication skills are an absolute must. You will need to be able to demonstrate strong numerical and analytical skills which may be tested at interview stage.