City of London, London
£90000 - £95000 per annum
7 months ago
Main responsibilities will include;
- To build up and maintain a range of relationships with clients, banks and other market participants, and to make a positive ongoing contribution to the creation and refinement of the team's business strategy for each client.
- To identify potential deal opportunities, take a leadership role in evaluating them and with the subsequent origination process (establishing dialogue with the client and / or arranger of the transaction, pitching and securing the mandate, as appropriate).
- To take a leading role in the process of reviewing and analysing the key terms and conditions of deals and the associated credit risks and mitigants. Based on such understanding, take overall responsibility for coordinating the preparation of internal requests for credit approval.
- Under the overall supervision of the Department Head, to take overall responsibility for the deal at all stages of the deal execution process, including reviewing and commenting on documentation, analysing financial aspects (including creation and/or manipulation of cashflow models, as appropriate), carrying out thorough due diligence on non-financial risks, checking the correct incorporation of deal security and other credit mitigants, etc.
- To take overall responsibility for the ongoing credit risk monitoring of an agreed set of deals within the portfolio, including annual reviews and responsibility for material waivers, "close monitoring" of problem scenario
- To provide proactive assistance with periodic reviews of the team's broader strategy with respect to the ship finance market's sub-sectors, specific clients, terms of financing products, etc
- To assist the team to broaden and strengthen its range of personal relationships with target clients across the industry.
- To carry out such other duties as may be requested from time to time by the General Manager / Deputy General Manager.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Good educational background, preferably ACIB/Degree qualified.
- Minimum 5 years experience as part of a dynamic front-office shipping team with regular interaction with corporate clients.
- Proven credit analysis skills
- Strong numeracy and familiarity with cashflow-based financial analysis, including computer modelling.