City of London, London
£40000 - £42000 per annum
2 months ago
As a BLT underwriter you will be responsible for:
* Responsible for underwriting of credit proposals, primarily of Buy to Let.
* Providing support to the Head Retail Credit in all operational areas of the Retail Credit Department.
* Managing the assessment and processing of lending proposals from the Retail network primarily of BTL, and the presentation of proposals to Risk Committees.
* Operational responsibility for the annual review process for all existing credit portfolio loans to ensure that all borrowing requirements and covenants are being adhered to.
* Managing the review, assessment, investigation and minimising of credit risks associated with loan applications in accordance with the Banks operating policies and procedures.
* To provide a clear rationale for agreeing or rejecting applications, prior to submitting to the Head Retail Credit.
* Monitoring of existing loan portfolio, identifying early arrears or potential problem accounts and making necessary recommendations.
* Ensuring the credit decisions are made within regulatory standards and adhere to TCF principles and Customer First principles.
* To design and deliver credit training to branches to ensure full understanding of policies and practices.
* Deputise for the Head Retail Credit as required.
* Liaising with Solicitors/Valuation firms for end to end solution for credit proposals
* Presentation to Risk Committee and other UK Management committees for introduction and renewal of new/existing products.
As a BLT underwriter you will be need:
* Knowledge of all the above
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Knowledge of UK regulatory framework, principles and rules
* Knowledge of UK lending environment
* Minimum four years' experience in underwriting or assessing credit proposals in BTL.
* Ability to take a measured view, balancing risk management against business need.