City of London, London
£400 - £430 per day
7 months ago
An award-winning technology platform that is accelerating the transition to renewable energy and looking for a CFO to join on a ONE DAY PER WEEK contract arangement. In this role, you will be working closely with the CEO & founder to both develop and refine the finance, accounting and board reporting function, working closely with the Board to support the business through an exciting and challenging phase of development and growth.
- The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all accounting and finance-related activities across the company, as well as adding significant breadth and depth to the control and compliance function, especially on the cash management.
- Lead the execution and measurement of financial targets
- Responsible for developing, agreeing, embedding and tracking key performance metrics
- Lead the deployment of new and improved internal financial models and processes, including the Company's 5 year business plan (this will require strong excel modelling skill and the ability to model integrated financial statements, ie, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow)
- Proactively identify business opportunities, advising Sales and Operations on pricing, business conditions and analysis of growth assumptions
- Manage the financial reporting processes in all aspects, ensuring all financial data and related reporting is complete, timely and accurate
- Provide appropriate analysis and commentary on reported figures and information requested by The CEO and the Board
- Direct the legal entity accounting and reporting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, annual report and statistics.
- Manage our regulatory process and ensure we are always compliant.
- Support the investment process by helping to define relevant scenario analysis and sensitivity cases in relationship to financial projections and taking primary responsibility for managing financial due diligence with potential investors.
- Qualified accountant with excellent academics
- Prior experience in a standalone CFO / Finance Director role or equivalent experience in accounting/audit required and proven ability in sophisticated modelling/business planning and board reporting
- Strong communication & analytical skills.
- Cultural fit - Entrepreneurial, hands-on, resilient and agile, ambitious, comfortable working in a fast pace and changing environment.