City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
9 months ago
City based Investment Bank are looking to recruit a Collateral Management Associate to join their expanding operations department. As part of the collateral team managing all exposures resulting from OTC & Repo trading activity, the main purpose of this role will be to ensure counterparty credit risk is mitigated for all the bank's collateralised agreements in a controlled framework and any uncovered risk is escalated as per agreed processes and procedures to Senior Management and key stakeholders.
The role requires a working understanding of Derivatives & Repo products and knowledge of market regulation and the impact on day to day management of collateral exposures. All departmental reviews, objectives and training plans will originate from this role. Ultimately the purpose of this role is to ensure the bank isn't exposed to credit risk as a result of its activity, while at the same time ensuring we are acting within the Regulations that impact this role.
Main Responsibilities will include;
- Actively manage margin calls and ensure all margin movements are captured in internal systems once agreed. This includes both cash and securities.
- Ensure data has fed from in house systems to external vendors and controls utilised /exception management remediation is actioned
- Ensure all payments/ receipts are actioned within the agreed deadlines
- Ensure all Triparty movement instructions have been released to our relevant custodians and matched where applicable
- All disputes are reconciled and reported to relevant departments for remediation and action
- Cleared margin movements reflected in internal systems and reconciled on a daily basis
- Monitor any custodian systems to ensure security activity has matched for settlement
- Follow up on and escalate any cash margin and security fails
- Ensure all portfolios are reconciled and in line with counterparties
- Agree interest payments on cash positions with counterparts ensuring these are posted within internal accounting systems to ensure timely settlement
- Ensure all daily and monthly controls are performed within agreed deadlines.
- Work with technology to improve inefficient processes and the team control environment
- Cross train on all functions managed by the Collateral Management team
- Cross train on functions managed by the Agency Lending team to cover periods of sickness and holiday
- Work on projects and firm initiatives when required
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates will have the following experience/skills;
- Extensive exposure to daily functions around OTC & Repo collateral
- Understanding of SwapClear/Repo clear with LCH
- Solid understanding of OTC Derivative & Repo products
- Sound knowledge of regulatory framework affecting collateral i.e EMIR unclear margin rules
- Experience with Triparty initial margin process
- Dispute management, escalation & resolution experience. Knowledge of relevant stakeholders concerned with the dispute process
- Detailed knowledge of CSA & GMRA agreements
- System experience including TriResolve/TriMargin (Euclid), GLOSS